Tucson Gem Show Hotels
Experience the true tranquility of the Southwest when you stay at our hotel nestled in Tucson. Our casitas are the perfect home away from home with luxurious amenities, ranging from sun filled patios to private backyards and kitchenettes! Guests enjoy complimentary hot breakfast and coffee, a gorgeous outdoor pool and whirlpool and state of the art fitness center! After a long day at the shows, relax in our outdoor pool and whirlpool, grab a bite at GRINGO grill + cantina, or wind down in your cozy room or casita.
Tucson Gem and Mineral Show®
Every year, 4,500 unique vendors set up shop in Tucson for the world’s largest natural history showcase. People from all across the world come to browse and sell the finest selection of natural history wonders ever assembled. If you are visiting the Tucson area, stop by one of the city’s many gem and mineral shows. While there are many Tucson Gem Show hotels, you will not find any with the level of service offered here at La Posada Lodge and Casitas.
Learn more about the Tucson Gem and Mineral Society www.tgms.org
Gem and Mineral Show History & Facts
The Tucson Gem and Mineral Show dates all the way back to 1955 when a free exhibition was put together at a local school by the Tucson Gem and Mineral Society. The show was such a hit that in later years the event was relocated to a spot in Tucson’s Rodeo Grounds. Since then, the event has grown in size and more people have begun to showcase their finest displays of rocks, gems, fossils, minerals, beads, jewelry, and meteorites. Today, the main show continues at the Tucson Convention Center with 45 separate events running all across the city.
- Nearly 55,000 people visit the Tucson shows in January and February.
- Registration is available at the show itself but some shows offer early registration online.
- Most shows are open to the public but wholesale-only shows require you to present your business license, taxpayer id number, or business card.
- Appraisers are available at some shows to have your rocks, gems, or minerals identified.
- Although you can buy for your own personal collection, the Gem and Mineral Society is committed to presenting extraordinary mineral, gem, and fossil exhibits. This year’s exhibit showcases the “Minerals of Western Europe”.
Why Choose La Posada Lodge and Casitas as Your Hotel?
Our Tucson Gem Show hotel offers all guests top tier amenities and services, including:
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary Hot/Cold Breakfast
- Complimentary Daily Newspaper
- Outdoor Pool & Whirlpool
- On-Site Barber Shop
- Fitness Center
- Dry Cleaning Service